Bulletin No: 140 | 23 August 2018
To: ALL UFU MEMBERS
UFU MEMBERS SUPPORTING OUR NATION’S FARMERS
Reminder: Final days to make your donation!
- The UFU respectfully reminds members that donations must be in by the end of this week. The UFU will make the donation to Rural Aid late next week. If you require more time, or have any other questions, please contact Laura on 0427 734 064 or email@example.com.
- The UFU sincerely thanks all on-duty and off-duty members who attended their local Bunnings to support Rural Aid’s Buy a Bale project. Thanks also to those who sent photos through to the UFU – we will upload them shortly!
- A big thank you also to stations / districts / workplaces who have already donated!
UFU MEMBER DONATIONS – ONLINE OR IN PERSON
- For group donations, please indicate the station or workplace (and platoon, if necessary) so that the UFU can correctly identify each of the group donations.
- Individual members may also make contributions – please pop your reg. number in the reference line.
- Members in the Fitzroy area can also make a deposit in-person at the Firefighters Credit Union (please ensure you have the account details below).
Account name: UFU AUSSIE FARMERS FUND
A/C No: 100 014 586
BSB: 803 209
As a Union, we support Australian industry and Australian produce.
Much of Australia is feeling the effects of our country’s long-standing drought, with many farmer families and businesses struggling to cope.
The UFU supports the work of Rural Aid. Rural Aid was established in 2015 and operates nationally. Rural Aid is a charity that provides relief to farmers and rural families experiencing poverty, illness, distress or significant and unusual disadvantage as a result of weather events/mother nature. Rural Aid’s Buy a Bale initiative has allowed the charity to distribute in excess of $3 million worth of fodder to farmers around the nation.
The UFU has made inquiries and can confirm that Rural Aid is not a lobby group. Rather, their focus is on the wellbeing of rural and farming persons and to ensure that rural/farming families survive harsh Australian weather events.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary