Bulletin No: 48 Volume: 20 Tuesday 4 March 2014
To ALL UFU CFA MEMBERS
The UFU has been approached by the CFA for high level discussions regarding the possible operation of the Chief Officer’s Emergency Roster in relation to the Yallourn-Hazelwood Incident.
The Chief Officer Emergency Roster is contained in the agreement. A full copy of the text of this clause is contained at the end of this bulletin.
These discussions have commenced because of the protracted nature of the Incident, issues of fatigue, sustainability, specialist equipment, staffing, and the possible release of NSW firefighters.
The UFU notes that no decision has been made at this stage and further discussions are occurring.
Discussions are also occurring regarding the commencement of the 10/14 roster at the Rowville Fire Station.
Members will be provided with further detail as soon as practicable.
In the meantime if you have any queries please contact the UFU office or your Shop Steward.
- When so determined by the Chief Officer, employees may be required to work an emergency roster to cover protracted major fires or incidents.
- The following general conditions shall apply:
- The hours of duty shall be twelve hours on and twelve hours off.
- All travelling time to be deemed as “on duty”.
- All on duty hours shall be cumulative in regard to the average weekly hours normally worked, calculated over their respective hours of duty clause.
- When an employee is placed on the emergency roster whilst on duty at their respective place of work, then the hours already worked for that shift shall be cumulative in regard to clause 78.2.3 hereof.
- In respect of clause 78.2.3 hereof any hours calculated to be in excess of the normal weekly average shall be paid at overtime rates.
- When an employee is normally rostered for duty at their respective place of work on the day following stand down from the emergency roster, then they shall not be required to work that shift unless they have been off duty for a minimum of twelve hours before the starting time of that shift. The time off the normal shift shall be included as normal time worked.
- Employees will be reimbursed for the cost of meals and accommodation. This provision shall not apply if meals and accommodation are provided by the employer.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary