Bulletin No: 061 | Thursday 23 May 2019
To: ALL UFU MEMBERS
IN-PRINCIPLE ESTA/UNION AGREEMENT REACHED – BANS NOW SUSPENDED
The UFU wish to advise the broader membership that in principle agreement has now been reached in negotiations for a new agreement to cover members engaged at the Emergency Service Telecommunications Authority.
The agreement represents an important achievement for ESTA members, who have been in bargaining since June last year, with work bans in place having been in place since late February.
Key features of the agreement include:
• A commitment to hire additional police call takers and external fire call-takers
• An independent review of staffing levels at ESTA
• Various commitments to provide for transparency and improvements in relation to staffing issue
• An improved classification structure will be implemented that will ensure members are more fairly reward according to the skills they hav
• Recognition of MFB and CFA call taking as separate skills within the agreement classification structure.
• A recognition payment for long serving employees
The campaign fought by ESTA members was focussed on improving the service they deliver to the community whilst improving working conditions of members.
ESTA members should be commended for the unity they demonstrated in their campaign.
The broader membership are also congratulated on the solidarity shown by them in supporting ESTA’s campaign.
ESTA members have reported that messages of support in particular made a large difference to the campaign.
Bans, other than in respect of uniform, have now been suspended pending a drafting of the agreement and a subsequent vote
Members with question or concerns regarding the agreement should contact UFU Industrial Officer Jeremy Murphy on 0419 127 010.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary