Bulletin No: 187 Volume: 21 Wednesday 30 September 2015
INDUSTRIAL ACTION TO ESCALATE AFTER ESTA CANCELS BARGAINING AT THE ELEVENTH HOUR
At 4.30pm yesterday afternoon ESTA wrote to the Unions and the Fair Work Commission advising that they were not in a position to continue negotiations at our scheduled conciliation this morning and cancelled the meeting.
ESTA claims they are awaiting instructions from the Department of Treasury and Finance however the Unions are extremely disappointed with ESTA’s poor behaviour and seeming inability to negotiate.
The Unions as always, are prepared and ready to meet however it seems that ESTA are continually delaying and frustrating this process and playing the blame game rather than getting on with actual negotiations.
ESTA management are at the table and it is up to them to come to negotiations with an authorised position which we can negotiate from.
The parties are now scheduled to meet at the Commission next Wednesday 7 October. We hope that ESTA will not only attend this meeting but come with a real proposal for the Unions to consider.
Given the current state of barganing and ESTA’s most recent action the Unions have today notified further Protected Industrial Action to commence at 18:00 Wednesday 7 October as follows:
- 11. Ban on complying with a direction to only refer ambulance estimated time of arrival calls to the Ambulance Victoria Duty Manager from the 2nd call onwards.
- 13. Refusing to accurately report or record false alarm codes triggered at protected premises.
Previous industrial action already notified continues.
Please see a full list of actions below which continue:
- 1. Use of a generic log on for CAD & Telephony Systems – if generic log on not available, staff to make use of alternative log on (not their own).
- 2. Ban on wearing Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority uniform at work.
- 9. Ban on compliance to ESTA’s Social Media Policy to the extent that it prevents members from publishing information on Social Media relating to enterprise bargaining issues & conditions of employment for ESTA operational staff.
- 10. Ban on complying with policies & procedures regarding communication with media, to the extent that it prevents the employee from participating in an unlimited number of briefings and interviews over an unlimited duration to the media, politicians and the public regarding enterprise bargaining issues & conditions of employment for ESTA operational staff.
- 12. Ban on creating a record of any employees participation in protected industrial action.
- 3. Ban on staff sending or responding to all ESTA internal email.
- 6. Stoppages to normal duties – other than activities related to emergency response – to wear or displace union campaign materials and union campaign clothing at work including materials and clothing displaying union slogans and insignia for an unlimited duration.
- 7. A ban on complying with the direction to remove union campaign materials and union campaign clothing at work including materials and clothing displaying union slogans and insignia for an unlimited duration.
- 8. Ban on compliance to Control Room Protocol regarding taking photographs on the control room floor – provided that there is no image included of active CAD screeds, Event or LEAP data.
- 14. Ban on participation in any training other than call taker and dispatch courses.
- 16. Ban on conducting or participating in ay process relating to employee misconduct & disciplinary matters.
Please note, the above numbering coincides with the numbering provided for on the Ballot Order.
If members have any queries regarding the Industrial Action, particularly if any members feel threatened or coerced by ESTA management, please contact your delegate or Rini Krouskos on 0400 441 616 immediately.
We congratulate all members on your solidarity to date and we know you will all keep up the fight for a fair EBA!
Members will be updated further next week following our conciliation with ESTA.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary