Bulletin No: 270 Volume: 20 Monday 1 December 2014
TO ALL UFU CFA MEMBERS
KRONOS PROCESS DEVELOPED THROUGH CONFERENCES IN FAIR WORK COMMISSION – UFU SEEKS FEEDBACK ON KRONOS SYSTEM FROM MEMBERS
Members are advised that the UFU’s dispute in the Fair Work Commission regarding the introduction and training on Kronos Rostering System had lead to several conferences in the Fair Work Commission.
These conferences have resulted in a statement being issued by the Fair Work Commission.
Kronos is due to be put into district 8 stations in December-January and District 13 in Feburary next year, with a consultative process including the Commission framed around this project.
The UFU are seeking that all members who encounter Kronos fill in a feedback form or email the UFU to provide information, comments and suggestions to the UFU regarding their experiences with Kronos. The feedback forms are available from the UFU office or from your delegate and any form or email should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 03 9419 9258. If members have any communications with the CFA regarding Kronos, please ensure you ‘cc’ in firstname.lastname@example.org. The UFU will then put the position from the membership to the CFA through the consultative process.
As a result of the statement being issued, the UFU also advise the following process that will be put in place:
– The CFA is to advise the UFU of an updated schedule as soon as possible and will notify the UFU of any changes as they arise and prior to the change coming into effect. The CFA schedule reflects only Frankston and Hallam being commenced prior to 2015 (to join Dandenong and Cranbourne) and is available from your delegates or the UFU office.
– The UFU and CFA will exchange information on a regular basis on issues and fixes of the system as it is rolled out. This exchange should occur about every two weeks. The UFU will be collating the feedback received and enabling issues to be raised by members through the UFU anonymously. Please see above for details of how to give feedback.
– Members can elect to complete and maintain their own dummy VVs alongside the Kronos system. The CFA may request a copy of these dummy VV/s if and when issues arise however employees are under no obligation to provide them. The UFU strongly encourages all members who are using the Kronos system to continue to fill in the dummy VVs.
– The UFU may request a meeting before Christmas with the CFA to discuss issues relating to the rollout of the Kronos system. If such a request is made the parties will meet in a timely manner.
– Both parties reserve their rights in the dispute and the dispute will be listed for further face to face conferencing in the Fair Work Commission on 27 January 2014 and either party can request the assistance of the Commission prior to this date.
Should you have any queries, please notify your delegate or Michelle Baldini or Martin Davis, Industrial Officers on 9419 8811.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary