Bulletin No: 197 | 26 November 2018
TO: ALL UFU MEMBERS
LES TWENTYMAN CHRISTMAS DRIVE 2018
UFU members getting into the Christmas spirit…
- After 2 very successful Christmas Drives thanks to the generosity of UFU members, we respectfully advise that the UFU will once again participate in the Les Twentyman Foundation Christmas Drive.
- In the past 2 years, UFU members have donated at least 1,500 gifts to the Christmas Drive. These gifts are often the only ones that children and families get to enjoy at Christmas.
- Delegates conference calls will be held this week to discuss. For any questions in the meantime, please contact Laura at the UFU Office on 0427 734 064 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to donate?
Members are encouraged to donate any items that are deemed suitable for young people aged 12 – 18 years and/or items that are suitable for families. Gift suggestions:
- Sports gear, including sports caps and sports socks
- Sporting equipment in particular basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, cricket sets
- Lynx Deodorant/Shower gel packs and hair wax products
- Perfume, body moisturiser and makeup packs
- Jewellery boxes, display cushions, room décor
- Board games
- Calming colouring books
- Outdoor family games i.e. outdoor cricket, bocce sets
- Beach items including frisbees, beach bags, beach towels
- As members can appreciate, the LTF has asked for no candle donations.
As always, members are encouraged to display their gift-wrapping skills and wrap gifts in Christmas-themed wrapping paper or cellophane and ribbon!
Members are kindly asked to indicate age range on wrapped gifts.
DEADLINE: ALL GIFTS MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE UFU OFFICE BY TUESDAY 18 DECEMBER!
For more information, please contact your workplace delegate or Laura Campanaro at the UFU Office on 0427 734 064 & email@example.com.
The UFU sincerely thanks all members in advance for their enthusiasm and generosity shown for the Christmas Drive.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary