Bulletin No: 182 Volume: 21 Thursday 17 September 2015
TO ALL UFU ESTA MEMBERS
MEMBERS MEETINGS AND COMMENCEMENT OF INDUSTRIAL ACTION- REMINDER INDUSTRIAL ACTION IS LAWFUL AND PROTECTED
As previously advised, following the successful ballot members will be commencing the following listed protected industrial action on:
18:00 Thursday 17 September 2015
The actions notified to ESTA are:
- Use of a generic log on for CAD & Telephony Systems – if generic log on not available, staff to make use of alternative log on (not their own).
- Ban on wearing Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority uniform at work.
- Ban on compliance to ESTA’s Social Media Policy to the extent that it prevents members from publishing information on Social Media relating to enterprise bargaining issues & conditions of employment for ESTA operational staff.
- Ban on complying with policies & procedures regarding communication with media, to the extent that it prevents the employee from participating in an unlimited number of briefings and interviews over an unlimited duration to the media, politicians and the public regarding enterprise bargaining issues & conditions of employment for ESTA operational staff.
- Ban on creating a record of any employees participation in protected industrial action.
The above numbering coincides with the numbering provided for on the Ballot Order.
We understand that ESTA has released communications to members regarding industrial action. We remind all members that protected industrial action is protected by law.
Should any members feel threatened or uncomfortable due to ESTA’s communication please contact Rini Krouskos on 0400 441 616 ASAP.
Further, if you have any queries regarding the industrial action please contact your union official ASAP.
In order to keep members fully abreast of the current bargaining situation and to answer any questions, the Unions will be holding members meetings commencing with meetings at Ballarat as follows:
Monday 21 September 5pm – 7.30 pm
Thursday 24 September 5pm-7:30 pm
Other meetings across Tally Ho will be announced shortly.
At these meetings the Unions will be seeking feedback on a range of key matters which are outstanding in barganing including:
-The start date for new Assistant Team Leader and Workplace Trainer Positions
-ESTA’s claim for a re-accrediation process inclusive of an assessment component
-ESTA’s claim reagrding reducing your entitlement in relation to TIL
Attendance at these meetings is vital to ensure your feedback is heard in relation to these matters.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary