Bulletin No: 059 Volume: 21 Friday 27 March 2015
To ALL UFU MEMBERS
CFA MFB SECONDMENT PROGRAM EXPRESSION OF INTEREST OUT TODAY
Further to Bulletin 35, members are advised that the agreed CFA MFB Secondment Program has been advertised for expressions of interest today. This is a significant achievement under the Andrews Government. Members would remember that the previous highly successful secondment program was unilaterally stopped under the Napthine Government.
The MFB, CFA and Emergency Management Commissioner have been working diligently with the UFU and we are pleased to report that after a number of meetings, the following will occur:
- The initial secondment program will be targeted at 12 secondees for CFA and 12 secondees for MFB being seconded to various locations within the CFA and the MFB for a 12 month period.
- The secondment of employees between the CFA and MFB is to be on a reciprocal basis and preference that a secondee be at an equivalent rank.
- Members are invited to put in an expression of interest by no later than 8 May 2015.
- During this period, the CFA and MFB will conduct information sessions to any interested members. Further information will distributed regarding these sessions in the near future.
- An agreed policy has been attached to the advertisement which details the conditions of employment.
- Secondees will be paid under the host agency’s Enterprise Agreement with any negative variation to members’ base pay to be remedied within one month.
If members have any further queries, please contact UFU Industrial Officer Michelle Baldini at the UFU office on 9419 8811.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary