Bulletin No: 190 | 7 November 2018
TO: ALL UFU MEMBERS
SUPPORTING OUR RETURNED SERVICE PERSONNEL
Restore and support the Tramways & East Melbourne RSL
COLLINGWOOD RSL PUBLIC MEETING #2
Fitzroy Town Hall, 201 Napier St Fitzroy VIC 3065
Tuesday 13 November 2018
6:30pm for a 6:45pm start
- The UFU respectfully advises all UFU members, in particular our ex-service personnel, to support the Tramways & East Melbourne (TEM) RSL in their bid to restore and maintain their Fitzroy/Collingwood RSL and to attend the above meeting next Tuesday 13 November.
- The TEM RSL has long supported returned service persons in the local area re-adjust to civilian life and be adequately supported. The original land was donated by a war widow almost 100 years ago – in 1918. 10 years later, the land was transferred from the RSL to the Local Council with a perpetual lease back to the RSL. Almost 1000 veterans live local to the Collingwood/Fitzroy area. This RSL is as relevant today as it was 100 years ago.
- To avoid losing such an important space to developers or other parties, TEM RSL has written to the Yarra City Council proposing a restoration of the building so that the RSL is able to continue to provide vital services for our returned service personnel and their families.
- This proposal is supported by a number of other RSL sub-branches. This proposal is also strongly supported by a number of unions, including the UFU. The UFU encourages any members who wish to attend next Tuesday night to wear their UFU gear in a show of support for the RSL and for our veterans.
- To confirm your attendance, or for any questions, please contact Laura at the UFU Office on 0427 734 064 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary