Bulletin No: 068 | 17 August 2020
To: ALL UFU FRV MEMBERS
FRV UNIFORM TENDER & IMPROVEMENTS
Great outcome for UFU members
Following the extensive work and a recommendation by the Uniform Sub-Committee, and the endorsement of the Operational Consultation Committee, FRV Commissioner Ken Block recently signed a new five-year Total Garment Management contract with Stewart & Heaton to provide and maintain the FRV Uniform.
The UFU would like to express its deepest appreciation to the UFU representatives who have achieved this outcome on behalf of UFU members, in conjunction with the other Sub-Committee employer representatives.
The unwavering dedication of the UFU representatives to improving the holistic approach towards PPC and Uniform for FRV has resulted in a ground-breaking initiative moving forward, that all members will benefit from.
This also compliments the implementation of FRV, that removed the duplication of Uniform/PPC selection and third-party interference, which has now resulted in an enhanced state-wide process for Fire Rescue Victoria firefighters under one system.
As a result of the exhaustive and competitive tender process, some of the improved outcomes for members are listed below:
- Quicker turnaround times for dry cleaning;
- Quicker turnaround times for decontamination of uniform;
- Garment repair state wide;
- A commitment to further improve turnaround times, if possible, during the first two years of the contract;
- All ordering to now be done through a new online portal created by Stewart & Heaton, which will allow members to track and trace their orders and items sent for dry cleaning.
Future improvements to Structural and Wildland PPC
This contract will also facilitate the upgrading of Structural and Wildland PPC, with consultation starting as early as the first half of next year, with significant improvement in this material and design compared to current garments (whose design dates to 2008).
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary