Bulletin No: 094 Volume: 24 Tuesday 15 May 2018
To: All UFU Members
2018 UFU BRANCH ELECTIONS OUTCOME
- Yesterday, the votes for the only contested position of Branch Secretary were counted by the Australian Electoral Commission.
- Peter Marshall was elected with a majority of the total votes.
- As previously notified President David Hamilton and the Branch Committee of Management were elected unopposed.
- Peter, David and the Branch Committee of Management thank UFU members for their continued support. Together we will continue to build on the strong foundation we have achieved for the benefit of all members.
- The Branch Committee of Management would like to thank all candidates for taking the time to nominate and participate in their Union’s elections.
- Member participation and interest is extremely important to the health of our Union. We note that approximately 63% of eligible voters cast their vote. This is an extremely high figure for non-compulsory elections. However, apathy can in effect undermine the strength of the Union hence the Branch Committee of Management will explore ways to maximise participation despite the fact that the return was high in comparative terms.
Your Branch Committee of Management is:
Secretary: Peter Marshall
President: David Hamilton
Vice-President: Danny Ward
Junior Vice President: Mick Tisbury
Branch Trustee: Brendan Angwin
Branch Trustee: Chris Cleary
Branch Trustee: Mick McGuinness
Branch Trustee: Cory Woodyatt
MFESB Officer Rep: Rachel Cowling
MFESB Officer Rep: Tony Martin
CFA Officer Rep: James Kefalas
MFESB Firefighter Rep: Rob Psaila
MFESB Firefighter Rep: Peter Shroder
CFA Firefighter Rep: Dave Blundell
Other Rep (Non-MFESB and CFA): Robert Groves
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary