Bulletin No: 102 Volume: 24 Tuesday 29 May 2018
To: All UFU Members
UPDATE ON SENIOR OPERATIONAL RANK ALIGNMENT AND RELATIVITIES FOR SO AND SSO DISPUTES
- As members are aware the UFU has been in conciliation with both MFB and CFA since October last year regarding the process of Senior Operational Rank Alignment and Relativities for SO and SSOs.
- The parties have been unable to reach agreement on the matters despite months of conciliation and discussions both before FWC and outside.
- Today the UFU attended FWC with Counsel to press the matter to arbitration.
- The Commissioner has agreed to schedule the matter for arbitration this year in August and September with formal directions to follow shortly specifying exact dates. These exact dates will be provided to members when we receive them.
The UFU is seeking to have the following questions put to arbitration:
- Whether the pay (and classifications) of the following ranks should be aligned:
- CFA Commanders (previously Operations Officers) with MFB Commanders;
- CFA Operations Managers with MFB Assistant Chief Officers.
- Whether the relativity, and equivalent pay, for the ranks of Station Officer and higher (in both the CFA and MFB) should be increased.
- The UFU has briefed a legal team including a solicitor and two Barristers to represent us in this matter.
- Should members have any queries in relation to this please contact Industrial Officer Rini Krouskos via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In relation to the working parties for rank alignment and relativities, there will be a telephone conference convened on Thursday 31 May to provide further information to distribute to members.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary