Bulletin: 107 Volume: 23 Tuesday 22 August 2017
To: All UFU MFB CORP AND TECH Members
EBA UPDATE – GOVERNMENT PROCESS CONCLUDED – AGREEMENT TO BE VOTED ON BY EMPLOYEES
As per Bulletin #100 last week, the UFU has finally been advised by MFB that the in-principle agreement reached in bargaining for a new Corporate and Technical Employees agreement has been signed off by the Minister and has concluded the Government process.
The MFB will begin to provide official access to the Agreement and other required documents as of today and will formally commence the voting process on 31 August 2017. The ballot will only be open for 2 weeks and as such it is vital that you return your ballot as soon as possible after you receive it. We remind all members that as this is a postal ballot they should ensure the MFB has their correct postal address in the coming days before the ballot commences.
We remind members of the benefits of the new Agreement including:
Key outcomes of this Agreement include the following:
- Pay increases as follows:
-5% on commencement (backdated to Friday 7 April)
-3.75% (to be paid on 7 April 2018)
-3.75% (to be paid on 7 April 2019)
-3.5% (to be paid on 7 April 2020)
$1500 sign on bonus
Over a four-year term
- An updated 9-day fortnight clause to require the MFB to exercise their decision making reasonably and to provide reasons in writing where agreement is withheld.
- Improved and strengthened job security and fixed term employment provisions.
- New and improved consultation provisions including new terms of terms of reference for the operation of the consultative committee.
- A new incident management support clause with the following allowances attached.
- Qualifications allowances of BAND 1 $3,278 per year; BAND 2 $4,681 per year
- 5% availability allowance
- A new fireground allowance of 50% for employees who attend the fireground and undertake duties that are critical to operational response
- A new communications allowances of $25.90 amount for employees required to maintain a landline telephone and the ability to claim extra with receipts.
- An improved relocation allowance clause for employee’s permanently transferring to a work location with an increase $1,340 dollars gross for the first disturbance payment plus the ability to claim back car parking expenses of up to $350 within the first three months for employees permanently transferring to a work location where no-cost parking is no longer available and previously was.
- Improved higher duties allowance to include payment for employees who work more than four non-consecutive days of higher duties to be paid for all time in excess of those four days within a yearly cycle.
- Improved compassionate leave provisions providing for increased access to an additional two days of paid leave where the employee is required to outside of Victoria to attend the funeral of a member of their immediate family.
- A new transition to retirement scheme including reimbursement of $1000 for employees who seek financial planning advice from an accredited financial planner.
- Improved secondment clause to seek to develop a process for secondment with the CFA and other Victorian Agencies within 12 months of certification.
- A new Work Performance, Counselling and Discipline clause providing clarity to employees on the process.
- The inclusion of a clause providing for an electronic system for the processing of pay point progression.
- New family violence leave provisions
- Improved parental leave provisions for secondary care giver’s
We again congratulate members on their solidarity, and in particular thank your workplace delegates. We look forward to finalising the vote and certification process of this Agreement.
Strength in Unity READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary