Bulletin No: 119 Volume: 24 Tuesday 17 July 2018
To: All UFU MEMBERS
UPDATE TO UFU MEMBERSHIP:
CURRENT UFU ISSUES
Your UFU Branch Committee and UFU Staff work tirelessly to ensure that important matters pertaining to the membership are progressed and lead to strong outcomes for members.
UFU BCOM and Staff work on individual member matters and general industrial matters daily.
The UFU provides by way of update to members some of the most current UFU matters:
- Progress and implementation of the CFA/UFU Operational Staff Agreement 2016 (a 3-day meeting was held between representatives of the UFU and CFA last week)
- Progress and implementation of the MFB/UFU Operational Staff Agreement 2016 (meetings will be held between representatives of the UFU and MFB next week and the one after)
- Income protection matter, which is currently before Commissioner Wilson with the UFU seeking the matter be progressed via the Fair Work Commission
- ESTA 4/5 roster matter currently in Arbitration at the Fair Work Commission (this week Tuesday to Thursday)
- DMO & Tower Overseer Agreement has been agreed in principle between the CFA and UFU and is awaiting final approval by Government
- ESTA bargaining has commenced, progressed slightly and is ongoing between ESTA and the Unions
- Broadspectrum / UFU Enterprise Agreement has been signed and is before the Fair Work Commission for certification
- Rank alignment and relativities case, which is listed for Arbitration at the Fair Work Commission in August 2018
- MFB Allowances are all in by Order of the Fair Work Commission on 8 June 2017 (not including representation reimbursement) except for the Availability Allowance (see Point 10 below)
- Availability allowance for FIA and FSCCs and on-shift Commanders is currently being pursued by the UFU and we are seeking that it extends to be payable for all purposes. This is also listed for arbitration later this year.
- Certification of the MFB Enterprise Agreement is still currently before the Fair Work Commission, after both the Federal Minister and VEOHRC intervened.
- Fire Safety Inspector Allowance matter is also currently before the Fair Work Commission with the next Conference scheduled for next week.
- Involvement in the review of the ESSS Benefits Scheme
- Increase in staffing in both the MFB and CFA
Given the high volume of UFU matters and issues, the UFU endeavours to provide members with regular updates in future.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary