Bulletin No: 127 | 9 August 2018
To: ALL UFU MEMBERS
UFU MEMBERS SUPPORTING OUR NATION’S FARMERS
2 updates to members: UFU donation account details and also MFB & CFA confirm support for the UFU initiative
- UFU members are respectfully encouraged to attend their local Bunnings’ sausage sizzle TOMORROW Friday 10 August to buy a sausage to support Rural Aid’s Buy a Bale initiative for drought-stricken farmers (see on shift and off shift options below)
- UFU members are also respectfully encouraged to fundraise on station or at their workplace. Donations can be deposited electronically (details below). The UFU will make a lump sum donation with the funds raised on Friday 24 August.
- Please note that the CFA and MFB both support the attendance of on-shift firefighters to a Bunnings within stations’ primary response area.
- For more information, please contact your local UFU Delegate or Laura at the UFU Office on 0427 734 064 or at email@example.com.
As a Union, we support Australian industry and Australian produce.
Much of Australia is feeling the effects of our country’s long-standing drought, with many farmer families and businesses struggling to cope.
The UFU supports the work of Rural Aid. Rural Aid was established in 2015 and operates nationally. Rural Aid is a charity that provides relief to farmers and rural families experiencing poverty, illness, distress or significant and unusual disadvantage as a result of weather events/mother nature. Rural Aid’s Buy a Bale initiative has allowed the charity to distribute in excess of $3 million worth of fodder to farmers around the nation.
The UFU has made inquiries and can confirm that Rural Aid is not a lobby group. Rather, their focus is on the wellbeing of rural and farming persons and to ensure that rural/farming families survive harsh Australian weather events.
ON SHIFT? Attend the sausage sizzle on the pumper!
TOMORROW Friday 10 August, Bunnings are running a nation-wide drought relief fundraiser. Proceeds will go to Rural Aid’s Buy a Bale initiative. UFU members are encouraged to take the pumper and attend the Bunnings in your response area.
As outlined above, the CFA and MFB have both expressed support for this initiative.
Don’t forget to take photos and send them to the Union Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 734 064!
NOT ON SHIFT? Get your UFU shirt and help out at the sausage sizzle!
If you are not on shift, you can call your local Bunnings and see if they need some extra help on the day (cooking, marshalling, etc.).
If you need a UFU shirt, please contact Laura at the office (0427 734 064) ASAP.
UFU MEMBER DONATIONS – ONLINE OR IN PERSON
The UFU also respectfully encourages to pass around a hat/helmet on station and donate to Rural Aid. The UFU will transfer the funds to Rural Aid on Friday 24 August.
- Member donations must be in by Thursday 23 August.
- For group donations, please indicate the station or workplace (and platoon, if necessary) so that the UFU can correctly identify each of the group donations.
- Individual members may also make contributions – please pop your rego number in the reference line.
- Members in the Fitzroy area can also make a deposit in-person at the Firefighters Credit Union (please ensure you have the account details below).
Account name: UFU AUSSIE FARMERS FUND
A/C No: 100 014 586
BSB: 803 209
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary