Bulletin No: 152 | 3 September 2018
To: ALL UFU MEMBERS
CFA EMR PROGRAM CLOSES IN ON FULL ROLL-OUT
- As of 9 October 2018, all CFA integrated stations will have EMR response capability online.
- The remaining 5 integrated CFA stations will go online between now and 9 October, and the newest integration station (Latrobe West) is also expected to go online once it opens in December this year.
- Since the introduction of the EMR program in the MFB around 2005, the UFU has supported the critical role of professional career firefighters in emergency medical response to the community.
- The vast majority of CFA professional career firefighters have undertaken EMR training now, with current recruits now completing the initial EMR training component in their joint CFA / MFB recruits training.
- This means that UFU members will often be the difference between life and death. Increased numbers of Victorians will now benefit from this initiative to improve cardiac arrest survival rates and increase potentially life-saving medical assistance at the scene of emergency. This is just another way how professional career firefighters are a central pillar of the community.
Remaining roll-out dates
Confirmed dates for EMR to go online at the remaining CFA integrated stations are as follows:
- Warrnambool & Portland – 11 September 2018
- Mildura – 17 September 2018
- Wangaratta & Wodonga – 9 October 2018
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary