Bulletin No: 163 | 14 September 2018
To: ALL UFU MEMBERS
YOUR MP SHOULD HEAR FROM YOU!
- The UFU respectfully reminds members that it takes less than 30 seconds to send a letter to your local MP and all Upper House MPs. These letters, collectively, make a big difference.
- Some Upper House and Lower House MPs take professional career firefighter and community safety seriously and have already responded. We thank members for providing to the UFU responses from Sam Dunn on behalf of the Greens, Ellen Sandell from the Greens, and Fiona Patten from the Reason Party.
HOW TO SEND A LETTER…
- Visit www.firedoesntwait.com.au
- Find the Contact your MP section at the bottom of the home page or click on ‘CONTACT YOUR MP’ on the navigation bar.
- Pop in your postcode to find your local MP.
- Pop in your name and email address to send the email to your local MP in the Legislative Assembly (Lower House) and all MPs in the Legislative Council (Upper House) to urge them to support professional career firefighters! (Please note that all MPs in the Legislative Council are automatically blind-copied into the email.)
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SENT YOUR LETTER …
- If you’ve received an email from a Lower or Upper House politician (other than the politicians listed above), please forward their response to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, please share the website with your families and friends to ensure that they, too, contact their local politician!
Your Branch Committee of Management thanks those UFU members and their families & friends who have already sent letters to their local MPs. However, there are many members that have yet to do so. We respectfully remind you of the importance of contacting your MP – EVERY LETTER COUNTS!
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary