Bulletin No: 191 | 7 November 2018
TO: ALL UFU MEMBERS
An important notice to members in the lead up to the 2018 Victorian State Election
FIREFIGHTERS CONTINUE TO BE USED AS POLITICAL FOOTBALLS
- The UFU respectfully advises members that certain media outlets have recently indicated that they intend to once again use professional career firefighters as political footballs in the lead up to the 2018 Victorian State Election.
- The UFU holds the position that members should avoid any engagement with these media outlets. UFU members are respectfully requested to not comment via talkback radio, social media or other platforms.
- The UFU has a good working relationship with the Andrews Labor Government and we wish to continue that working relationship. The fire service is in a better state now, than it was this time 4 years ago.
- As members have been made aware, the UFU has repeatedly called out media outlets for irresponsibly and unfairly targeting, and demonising, professional career firefighters over the years.
- The UFU strongly believes that inaccurate reporting and the inciting of hatred against our state’s professionals for political gains is detrimental to the entire Victorian fire services.
UFU Welfare Support
Members are reminded that, as always, you may contact your UFU Welfare Officer Ross Fusca confidentially and at any time on 0477 884 456 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary