Bulletin No: 213 | 28 December 2018
TO: ALL UFU DELEGATES
UFU DELEGATES TRAINING CONFERENCE
- A UFU Delegates Training Conference will be held on Monday 25 February and Tuesday 26 February 2019.
- It is imperative that UFU Delegates attend to receive the latest industrial information, engage in discussions on behalf of their constituents and successfully fulfill the role of Shop Steward, Deputy Shop Steward, Health & Safety Rep or Deputy Health & Safety Rep.
- Delegates are kindly asked to RSVP by Friday 1 February 2019 to Laura at the UFU Office on 0427 734 064 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon confirming your attendance, please indicate whether you require trade union leave, accommodation for the Monday night and any dietary requirements.
- For any other questions regarding the Conference, please contact Laura on the details above.
Monday 25 February (10:00am for a 10:30am start until 5:00pm)
Tuesday 26 February (10:00am for a 10:30am start until 3:15pm)
PEPPERS, The Sands Resort, Torquay
2 Sands Boulevard Torquay VIC
Please RSVP by C.O.B. Friday 1 February 2019 to Laura Campanaro at email@example.com or on 0427 734 064.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
UFU Delegates will receive detailed information in relation to the training conference in the New Year and via conference call. Building upon the conferences held in 2018, the 2019 Conference will cover, among other topics, the following:
- Delegate training and development of role statements, applicable to all levels of experience
- Industrial bargaining
- The current political landscape and the upcoming 2019 Federal Election
- Fire service reform
- UFU Financial report
For delegates who are not able to travel between conference days, single room accommodation is available on the night of Monday 25 February. This includes dinner on the Monday evening and a full buffet breakfast on the Tuesday morning. Delegates who require accommodation must notify the Laura at the UFU ASAP.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided on both days.
Trade Union Leave
If you are rostered on Monday 25/02 or Tuesday 26/02, you must request trade union leave with your employer. Please note that the UFU will also be contacting employers on your behalf to confirm your attendance, however you will still need to officially notify your OIC or Commander of your request.
If you have any questions regarding trade union leave, please contact Laura.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary