Bulletin No: 213 Volume: 21 Friday 6 November 2015
To ALL UFU MEMBERS
CFA & MFB ENTERPRISE
The UFU has convened a delegates’ training day for Thursday 12 November 2015.
It will be a combined CFA/MFB delegates’ training day to review recent developments with our enterprise bargaining.
Matters to be considered include but are not limited to:
- The Fair Work Commission process and how it affects members including the relevant sections of the act and the rights of members;
- Powers of the Fair Work Commission in relation to issuing summons to appear;
- Clauses that are in the current process of negotiation and how they conform with permitible matters in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009;
- Latest developments in industrial law that allow the modified clauses in the EBA negotiations;
- Examination of each clause as to the rights afforded to members in relation to safe systems of work, equipment, conditions and remuneration.
In addition to the above, there will be a presentation from the UFU lawyers regarding the recent activity of the Andrews Government and Minister Garrett in the context of good faith bargaining and the requirements by law and remedies in regard to potential breaches of such.
The UFU will also provide a presentation to delegates on the effects on the actions by the Kennett Government in publicising full page adverts in the Herald Sun and The Age as part of their attempt to demonise firefighters in the 1996 enterprise bargaining campaign; and the parallel with the current Andrews Government’s actions in backgrounding the Herald Sun and providing material which is attempted to have the same effect.
Can you please RSVP to Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of time and venue will be notified shortly.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary