Bulletin No: 011 Volume: 21 Wednesday 14 January 2015
To ALL UFU MEMBERS
UFU Delegate Training Workshop 17th
and 18th of February
The UFU is convening a two day delegate training workshop on the Tuesday the 17th and Wednesday the 18th of February to examine and learn about the following matters:
- Industrial laws and how they apply to the firefighting industry.
- Enterprise bargaining and the requirement to bargain in good faith.
- The impact on morale and the importance of firefighter morale in providing workplace harmony and community protection.
- The legal requirements of parties to an enterprise agreement and the consequences if there is a breach of such an agreement.
- The outcomes of the state election including Andrews Government policies on the fire service and how they affect firefighters and non uniform staff.
- Delegate structure and the rights of a delegate.
- Participation in subcommittees and your entitlements.
Following on from the successful delegates conference that was held in February 2014 the UFU will be convening this training workshop to build upon the learning’s and successes of the previous conference.
Delegate structure has proven to be vitally important to the UFU and an investment in delegate training and development is of paramount importance to continue the high level of service to our membership.
The above training workshop will have guest speakers and presenters. Your attendance is vital.
Delegates will meet at:
Aitkin Hill Conference Centre
20 Dunhelen Lane, Yurok 3063
10am Tuesday the 17th of February
All Delegates need to contact Dan Hunt on 0419 127 045 to confirm their attendance and indicate if they will require accommodation at the conference centre.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary