Bulletin No: 034 | 26 March 2019
To: ALL UFU MFB MEMBERS
Reminder: First information sessions to be held tomorrow
UFU/MFB PFAS CLINICAL STUDY
- This Bulletin is a reminder to members that the first of the information sessions for the MFB/UFU PFAS clinical study, led by Macquarie University, will be held tomorrow – Wednesday 27 March.
- This world-first study was fought for by the Union, we have confidence in it, and we strongly encourage members to get involved. The clinical study will examine the impact of blood and plasma donations on PFAS levels in the bloodstream.
- The UFU respectfully reminds members that 350 personnel are required for this study.
Information sessions will be held at the Burnley Lecture Theatre and are as follows:
- Wednesday 27 March at 1000hrs (B shift day)
- Wednesday 27 March at 1930hrs (C shift night)
- Tuesday 23 April at 1000hrs (A shift day)
- Tuesday 23 April at 1930hrs (B shift night)
For further information regarding the more recent history of PFAS in the fire service, members may refer to UFU Bulletin #021: https://www.ufuvic.asn.au/bulletin/ufu-mfb-pilot-world-first-pfas-study-for-mfb-fire-service-personnel/
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary