Bulletin No: 169 Volume: 21 Thursday 3 September2015
UFU SUBMITS COMPREHENSIVE SUBMISSION TO FIRE SERVICES REVIEW
This week the UFU submitted its comprehensive submission to the Government Fire Services Review on behalf of professional firefighters and fire service employees across both the MFB and CFA.
The UFU’s submission was over 180 pages and over 55,000 words long, covering topics such as:
- The Impact of the Napthine Government Budget Cuts on Morale, Equipment and Fire Readiness
- Staffing Levels in the Fire Services and OH&S Best Practice Models
- Interoperability between the CFA and MFB
- The performance of Senior Management in both the CFA and MFB and the Disconnect between Senior Management and Fire Service Employees
- The establishment of a Professional Firefighter Registration Board
- The best Mechanism for Volunteer Support
The UFU’s submission made 33 recommendations and was supported by hundreds of pages of supporting evidence and three key witness statements of key issues.
The submission was developed by the UFU with the assistance of a dedicated legal team involving hundreds of hours of work in order to achieve such a comprehensive submission within the short time frame provided for submissions to be received.
Alongside the UFU’s submission the UFU also provided the Inquiry with some further 80 submissions from approximately 100 firefighters and fire services employees.
Due to confidentiality and the sheer size of the submission the UFU is unable to upload the document to the website or send it out to all members however should any members wish to see a copy please contact Rini Krouskos on 0400 441 616.
The UFU is proud of the contribution members have made to this historic review of both the MFB and CFA and we look forward to the outcomes of this inquiry.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary