Bulletin No: 109 Volume: 22 Monday 6 June 2016
To: ALL UFU MEMBERS
UFU URGENT RALLY TOMORROW – MEMBERS ASKED TO ATTEND TO SHOW THEIR SUPPORT
Members are advised the UFU will be rallying tomorrow at Parliament Steps to support the proposed enterprise agreement and combat the misleading statements propagated by the VFBV, Liberals/Nationals and other politicians that are attempting to use this dispute to further their political agenda.
The details of the rally are below:
- Tuesday 7 June 2016
- Wear structural uniform and helmets
- Steps of Victorian Parliament – Spring Street Melbourne
Please make sure that you bring as many family and friends as you can to show support for career firefighters, including the many volunteer members around the state that have shown support for all Victorian firefighters.
Make no mistake, this effects all CFA and MFB members as past experience has shown us that the outcome of CFA bargaining has impacts on MFB bargaining.
As members are aware, the CFA referred the dispute to the Fair Work Commission in late October 2015. After approximately seven months of conferences and submissions in the Commission, the Fair Work Commission has provided a final recommendation to settle this long ongoing dispute. The UFU has accepted this recommendation but as of this morning the CFA Board rejected the proposal via the media.
Members are able to assure the community that the community protection will be maintained during this rally and fire stations will remain open. If you are on shift/ can not attend please ensure that you send as many family and friends to represent you as possible.
Busses will be available at the below locations and times:
- 8:45am- Ballarat Fire Station
- 9:45am – Caroline Springs Fire Station
- 10:15am – Sunshine Fire Station
- 8:00am – Traralgon Fire Station
- 8:15am – Morwell Fire Station
- 9:30am – Pakenham Fire Station
- 9:50am – Hallam Fire Station
- 9:45am – Frankston Fire Station
- 10:15am – Dandenong Fire Station
- 10:15 am – Oakleigh Fire Station
- 9:00am – Bendigo Fire Station
- 10:30am – Thomastown Fire Station
- 9:15am Belmont Fire Station
- 9:30am Geelong Fire Station
- 9:45am – Corio Fire Station
- 7:15am – Wodonga Fire Station
- 8:00am – Wangaratta Fire Station
- 8:30am – Craigieburn Fire Station
- 10:15am – Ringwood Fire Station
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary