Bulletin No: 027 Volume: 21 Friday 20 February 2015
To ALL UFU CFA MEMBERS
UFU CALL FOR CFA MEMBERS TO INSTRUCT ON RECRUIT COURSES
Members would be aware that part of the election promise of the Andrews Government is to deliver an extra 450 new firefighter positions.
The Government, the Emergency Management Commissioner, MFB and CFA have expedited the process to facilitate the implementation of the above election commitment in a timely manner.
It is vitally important that these new firefighter positions be implemented as quick as possible as to do otherwise we may be jeopardising the introduction of new positions as was seen by the change of policy under the Napthine Government.
WE NEED YOU TO ASSIST BY ALLOCATING TIME TO BE AN INSTRUCTOR ON EACH COURSE (currently there is not enough instructors to meet the implementation timeframe)
If you have any questions regarding this please call Peter Marshall direct on 0419 127 004.
The UFU and CFA have agreed to a process for recruit courses in 2015. This process will ensure that the maximum number of recruits can be recruited in the timeframes identified.
There will be four CFA Recruit courses held in 2015. The details are as follows:
- Courses will be held at VEMTC Craigieburn and will be CFA courses run by the CFA
- Courses will consist of 30 recruits
- Courses will run on a four day on, four day off structure for the duration of the course which is 18.8 weeks with 10 hour training days
- The first CFA recruit course for 2015 will start on 6 March 2015 and the second course will start on 22 March 2015. Course three is scheduled for start on 1 August 2015 with course four start date being 9 August 2015
- Each course is to have a course coordinator and eight instructors
The UFU is calling for members to support this recruit program by expressing their interest in becoming an instructor for the recruit courses. Instructors are required to be at LFF rank or above.
Given the close commencement date of the first two courses, approximately eight instructors are needed for recruit course one starting on 6 March 2015 and eight instructors are needed for recruit course two starting on 22 March 2015.
Expressions of interest can be sent to Chris Bigham – mobile 0429 038 404 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should members have any queries regarding this matter, please contact your UFU delegate or Michelle Baldini Industrial Officer UFU on 0417 839 549.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary