IMPORTANT NOTICE TO UFU MEMBERS
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR BRANCH COMMITTEE OF MANAGEMENT
Voting is a personal choice however tomorrow you have a chance to make a difference for your future and that of your family’s future when you cast your vote for a new Government of Victoria.
Essentially the Government is your employer and we ask you to consider the damage over the last four years under the Napthine Government to our industry and the relentless attack on your conditions of employment which provide security for your family and protection to the community.
Over the last four years this Napthine Government have misused $21 million of fire service levy money in attacking your conditions of employment and if re-elected the MFB and CFA under a Napthine Government will continue this attack.
In saying this when casting your vote please consider the following attacks by the Napthine Government:
- Cutting $66 million from the fire services’ budgets
- Not employing the extra 342 firefighters that were promised after the Black Saturday Bushfires Royal commission
- Directing the MFB and CFA to spend Fire Services Levy money on high-priced lawyers for expensive litigation against firefighters’ conditions of employment
- Job cuts in CFA support staff
- Support staff positions replaced by contractors in the MFB
- The MFB’s current proposal to reduce the number of firefighters and trucks on duty
- Failing to make the health and safety of firefighters a priority, at Fiskville, Hazelwood and the Grampians
- Slashing 164 jobs in the CFA
- CFA not honouring industrial agreements
All of the above can stop if the Napthine Government is defeated.
Please exercise your vote wisely as your vote can make a difference.
UFU Branch Committee of Management
AUTHORISED BY SECRETARY PETER MARSHALL
PLEASE PRINT OUT AND PUT ON NOTICE BOARDS