It's a rare opportunity that employees within an industry are afforded the chance to help determine who their future employer is and indeed have input into the future of the industry that they work in.
Late this afternoon the UFU and MFB were notified by the Fair Work Commission that Commissioner Wilson's decision on the MFB's application to terminate the MFB UFU Operational Staff Agreement 2010 and the MFB UFU Assistant Chief Fire Officer Agreement 2010 will be handed down on Monday afternoon.
The 'People Matters' survey is a survey run across the public sector each year, and one of which the UFU has on numerous occasions expressed concerns, including the concern that such survey's may be used selectively by employers.
Special General Meeting
Reminder: Emergency Services Doorknocking Blitz in Bellarine and Monbulk this Weekend
The UFU’s fourth litigation update newsletter is available below.
Topics covered are:
- The MFB termination case has been heard – we now wait for a decision
- UFU appeal and CFA cross-appeal of the “recruits” case in the Federal Court of Australia
- VSO case adjourned pending the decision of the Federal Court appeal of the “recruits” case
- CFA reserved matters arbitration adjourned pending “recruits” appeal
- Non-payment and payroll deductions
- Hazelwood mine fire OHS matters
- CFA pad flexible hours of work
- MFB leave balances
- Transfield non-payment of allowance
- Award modernisation
- CFA Fiskville bargaining – Fair Work Commission bargaining dispute
- CFA operational bargaining update
- MFB operational bargaining update
- Compass bargaining
Emergency Services Doorknocking Blitz in Bellarine and Monbulk this Weekend
The UFU is aware that over recent times concerns with management actions have been escalating in corporate staff departments which has lead to numerous issues and concerns arising from corporate staff members regarding their confidence in the actions MFB senior management.
Currently we are still awaiting a decision from the Commission in relation to the MFB's application to terminate your enterprise agreements, the 2010 MFB & UFU Operational Staff Agreement and the 2010 MFB & UFU ACFO Agreement.
The UFU is aware that the CFA have advertised for four positions titled Operations Manager (Regionally Allocated) and have proposed to significantly change the Operations Manager (Regional Commander) position description, duties and allowance.