Reminder: Emergency Services Doorknocking in Mordialloc Tomorrow
The UFU’s third litigation update newsletter is available below.
Topics covered are:
- MFB application to terminate operational staff agreements
- UFU appeal and CFA cross-appeal of the “recruits” case in the Federal Court of Australia
- Common Law Deeds to be considered by the Federal Court of Australia in the UFU v CFA Volunteer Support Offices case
- Hazelwood mine fire OHS matters
- CFA operational bargaining update
- MFB operational bargaining update
- CFA Fiskville bargaining – Fair Work Commission bargaining dispute
- CFA pad flexible hours of work
- CFA reserved matters and heavy hazmat allowance
- Non-payment and payroll deductions
- Terms of reference dispute
- MFB leave balances
- Transfield non-payment of allowance
- Award modernisation
- Compass bargaining
Reminder: Emergency Services Doorknocking in Mordialloc on Saturday
Raffle Tickets to Support the John Cummings Memorial Fund Available.
The UFU wrote to Denis Vincent Napthine the Victorian Premier and CFA's CEO Mick Bourke on Friday 22nd August 2014 citing numerous deficiencies with how trench rescue is managed by the CFA and MFB.
The mammoth case of the MFB's attempt to terminate the Operational and ACFO's Agreements came to a close in the Fair Work Commission today with the UFU and MFB Counsel presenting final legal submissions.
Reminder: UFU Doorknocking in Ringwood on Saturday
Members are still needed to attend the last two days of the hearing before FWC of the MFB's application to terminate the Operational Staff Agreement 2010 this Thursday and Friday.
The Firefighters Charity Fund has partnered with the MFB Charity Running Club with this great initiative – the Inaugural Melbourne Firefighter Stair Climb.
Thursday the 21 and Friday the 22 of August will be the last two days of the hearing before FWC of the MFB's application to terminate the Operational Staff Agreement 2010.