Bulletin No: 150 | 31 August 2018
To: ALL UFU MEMBERS
DOES YOUR MP SUPPORT VICTORIA’S PROFESSIONAL CAREER FIREFIGHTERS?
- As all UFU members would be aware, Victoria’s professional career firefighters are approaching their sixth consecutive fire season with no legal protections over their conditions of employment.
- Professional career firefighters’ conditions are intrinsically related to safety and protection of the community and include job security, personal protective equipment, appliances, EMR, training that guarantees standards of competency, staffing on station allowing staffed stations to respond 24/7, and much more.
- Currently, the MFB and CFA Boards are refusing to sign Deeds to enshrine these conditions, leaving professional career firefighters and the community that our professionals serve in the dark.
- We need Victoria’s politicians to actively support professional career firefighters and indicate exactly how they will show that support! Send them an email at firedoesntwait.com.au
SEND A LETTER TO YOUR MPs
- Visit the newly-updated firedoesntwait.com.au
- Find the Contact your MP section at the bottom of the home page or click on ‘CONTACT YOUR MP’ on the navigation bar.
- Pop in your postcode to find your local MP.
- Pop in your name and email address to send the email to your local MP in the Legislative Assembly (Lower House) and all MPs in the Legislative Council (Upper House) to urge them to support professional career firefighters!
- Once you’ve done this, share the link to the site as widely as possible: firedoesntwait.com.au.
Strength in Unity
READ OUT AT MUSTER AND PIN ON NOTICE BOARD
Authorised by Peter Marshall, Branch Secretary